Friday, February 15, 2008

What I'm Playing Now...


I actually bought Secret of Mana on the day it was released in the US. At that point I was buying just about any game that sounded like it would be fun for two players to play together and this sounded like a co-operative Legend of Zelda from the pre-release hype. Well it wasn't really a co-op Zelda, it was something much cooler.

Despite playing through the game a few times I never did play it through with three players. I didn't own the device for plugging in a third controller so when an opportunity came up for me to play it three player I jumped on the chance. We're less than a third of the way through the game at the moment (Mana is one of those games that is surprisingly large) and it's working pretty well so far. I was concerned that with three people the menu interruptions caused by the whole game stopping when someone wants to take an action would be more annoying but we're moving well.