Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Have Been Way Too Busy Lately...

I completely forgot about the Nebula awards until last night when I said to myself, "Aren't those supposed to be announced now?"

The answer to that is no. They were announced last week.

So I've got Paolo Bacigalupi's The Windup Girl which won for novel on its way to me. Kage Baker's The Women of Nell Gwynne’s, the novella winner poses, a greater challenge for me since it was a short book from Subterranean Press and all of the copies out there were snatched up quickly. I avoided this problem before by getting the results live and ordering the books I needed immediately but it'll probably be a few months before I'll be able to read it. I should have time to get to Eugie Foster's "Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast" and Kij Johnson's "Spar" which were the novelette and short story winners later this week.